How to Buy
Our auctions are free to attend and everyone is welcome. Whether you are interested in buying furniture, antiques, items from our Unclaimed Post auction, jewellery, fine art, decorative items for your home you can bid with confidence at a Theodore Bruce auction. Every auction is unique and you never know what you’ll find from one sale to the next. We are here to help you every step of the way, from inspection of items before the sale, through registering to bid, bidding and buying and then paying and collecting your purchases.
- Sign up to our newsletter and auction alert service – be the first to know about new sales
- Attend auction viewing. We are on hand to answer any questions you might have.
- Browse and search through online catalogues via destop, tablet and mobile
- Request Condition Reports – if you can’t make it to auction we will carefully inspect the object on your behalf.
Register to bid
You can register in person to bid before the auction begins.
- Register to bid online via THIS FORM or via Invaluable
- Register to bid in person at our Leichhardt saleroom on the day of the sale
- Register to bid for telephone bids – please register at least 24 hours before the auction. Please note that phone bidding is only available for lots estimated $500 and above.
Once you have filled out a registration form with your contact details, credit card and photo ID you will be issued with a unique bidder number for the auction.
Bidding and Buying
Once you have registered we can provide you with different ways of bidding to best suit you:
- Online – bid for lots in real time from anywhere in the world.
- In person – you will be provided with a numbered bidder card on the day of the sale. To place a bid, hold up your card so that the auctioneer can clearly see it. If you are the successful bidder on a lot, the auctioneer will acknowledge your bidder number and the amount that you have bid.
- Absentee bidding – Place a bid prior to the auction with an Absentee Bid Form at our saleroom, via email or by leaving a maximum bid via online bidding. An absentee bid is the highest bid price you are willing to pay. We will bid on your behalf and obtain the item at the lowest price possible within your maximum bid.
- Telephone – You can elect for a team member to call you so that you can bid live via telephone on the day of the sale. Several minutes before your lot comes up for sale we will call and then bid on your behalf as you direct us.
- Auction Invoices, payable within two days following the auction, will show the outstanding balance due, including buyer’s premium, GST and where applicable, the Invaluable Live fee (5%) plus providing payment options.
- Invoices that are not settled in person on the day of the auction, will be emailed in Acrobat / PDF format. If you do not have Acrobat viewer installed, please go to https://get.adobe.com/reader/ to download the free Adobe software.
- If you have been successful in our auction but do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam / Junk Folder and add us to your address book. Otherwise please EMAIL US or call us on 02 XX
- Payment is made in Australian dollars via
- Direct Deposit / Bank Transfer / Money Order – Please refer to our bank details on the bottom left hand side of your invoice. Please ensure your name and / or the last 5 digits of the invoice number are included in the transfer description for easy identification. For International Direct Deposits Australian Banks charge a AUD $20fee which will be included on your invoice.
- In person at our Leichardt saleroom where we accept Cash (up to AUD$10,000, Visa Debit (1% fee), Mastercard Debit (1% fee), EFTPOS, Visa Credit (1.6%) Visa Debit (1.6%) American Express (1.6%), International Visa (2.6%) International Mastercard (2.6%), Cleared personal, company and bank cheque with approved credit,
- We accept credit card details over the phone or via email (all credit card details supplied will be destroyed once the payment has been processed). Please note that credit card transactions over $3,000 will not be accepted over the telephone unless by prior approval.
- Once you have paid for your items you are welcome to collect immediately or arrange shipping through us or your designated third party. Items that are not collected within two days following the auction will incur a $10 per day storage fee per item, which if incurred, must be settled before said lots leave the premises.
- No: IT0979
- Coin Collection | Deceased Estate
- 18 Apr 2021 11:00 / Sydney
- No: IT0980
- Stamp Collection | Deceased Estate
- 18 Apr 2021 15:00 / Sydney
- No: IT0998
- Unclaimed Post | Tech & Gaming
- 20 Apr 2021 18:00 / Sydney
- No: IT0974
- Eclectic Objects
- 21 Apr 2021 18:00 / Sydney
- No: IT0999
- Unlaimed Post | Shoes & Clothing
- 24 Apr 2021 10:00 / Sydney
- No: IT0915
- WW1 Books, Limited Editions & Ephemera
- 25 Apr 2021 14:00 / Sydney