Date: Saturday 25 November 2017 | 2:30 pm
Location: 6 Ralph St, Alexandria
Steampunk is the most well known new trend that you’ve never heard of. To those in the know it’s been around for years. For others, it’s “Steam what?” It’s certainly not new. The first Steampunk convention took place in 2006: and the word was added to The Oxford English Dictionary in 2010.
Steampunk gadgets are stunning twists to many functional items being produced today. Steampunk is a sub-genre of science fiction that is inspired by the fantasy setting of industrialized British Victorian era within a dark post-apocalyptic future. The era is imagined to use heavy, metallic steam-powered machinery. This morbid, yet extremely artistic era is a true passion and lifestyle for many sci-fi enthusiasts.
The variety of products turned into Steampunk creations vary from small objects such as jewellery and USB keys to major pieces of furniture and even Victorian machinery and cars, tailored for the true believers.
The marvellous fantasy combination of the Victorian era mixed with a post-apocalyptic perspective on the future is strikingly intriguing, combining every aspect of architecture, art, fashion and culture.
Barn Finds, Tools & Treasures Auction
Saturday 25 November | 2:30pm
- No: AS0455
- Unclaimed Post & Estate Auction | January
- 20 Jan 2018 10:30 / Sydney
- No: AS0448
- Emporium Auction | January
- 21 Jan 2018 10:30 / Sydney
- No: IT0449
- Art | Jewels | Tribal Online
- 21 Jan 2018 13:00 / Sydney
- No: AS0451
- Chinese, Japanese & Asian Works of Art
- 11 Feb 2018 11:00 / Sydney
- No: AA6116
- Fine Art, Silver, Jewellery & Collectables
- 04 Mar 2018 12:00 / Adelaide
- No: AS0460
- Fine Wine | Spirits - March
- 24 Mar 2018 14:00 / Sydney